Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February Edit



I was also featured in Joel's video on Colorado Powder Forecast


February brought in a mix of conditions that I got to enjoy all over CO. Some days it allowed me to finally get on some high alpine terrain and other days it allowed me to slut up the pow, one day being the deepest snow I ever skied. 






Silverton
A handful of people from the team made the trip out to Silverton. The first day was nothing special but the second day 8 of us made the 2 hour boot pack up the ridge to ski meatball chute (a place usually where people who only pay for a heli drop can ski). It was an incredible experience to spend with those other 7, and it was an amazing feeling to ski that line hard and FAST.


Looking up at meatball chute








Aspen Competition
 Then Feb 25-27 I made the trip to Aspen/Snowmass to compete in the Colorado Freeride Championships. The first two days were canceled due to high winds and blizzard conditions. But we finally got to compete on Sunday. I sent a triple (about 8ft to 25ft to 5ft) but I popped a ski on the last stage. I still got 30th out of 75. Made it onto freeskier.com with this picture. http://freeskier.com/photos/2011-colorado-freeride-championships-6


No comments:

Post a Comment